Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Somewhere Down in Texas: Tying the Knot

Mmmmm....this was a pretty day. The sun was setting, the shadows were long, and a rogue helper decided to carve a heart in our ceremony tree. I had no idea he'd done it until afterward, when people pointed it out. I have to admit, even though it's not the most environmentally friendly thing to do, I love looking at pictures of it, and secretly wish I had thought of it. We all lined up, and the music began to play.



My groom looks on as my ring bearer finishes his big debut.

I love looking at these groom pictures. Their faces are so sweet. I took a deep breath, and my parents and I started down the aisle.

I chose to have both parents walk me down to keep a bit of tradition alive. I'm not a huge fan of "giving the bride away", but I wanted to have a kind of public declaration of support of our marriage. Though I kept the walk down the aisle, once we made it down I gave them a hug and then walked up to join my groom. I nixed the whole "Who gives this woman away" bit. 

 I love this picture. And this one too...


Just in case you were wondering, I kind of like Mr. SD too.

Our sweet little ring bearer struck a pose. 

How handsome is this little guy? He's a heartbreaker, make no doubt about it. Once we all got into place, it was time to get this party started.


Sigh. Heart.  This was the perfect place to get married.



 This was the one moment of the day when I wasn't worried. I wasn't stressed. I was completely 100% in the moment, and it was awesome. I couldn't stop smiling.


Vows were said, rings were exchanged, and we sealed our union with a kiss.


We did it!

Time to go! Little White church started playing, and hand-in-hand we made our way down the aisle together. 


Whew! It's official, we're a married pair (and now everybody knows about it!) All the pressure's off, and now it's time to get to the good stuff, all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment