Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Rockwall Harbor Logo

Sometimes coming up with a logo idea requires a lot of research. I do thumbnail sketches, then move to Illustrator to do a few mockups, and have 10-15 different options to choose from. I look at logo books and google images for inspiration. Then there are those times when a logo idea walks into my brain all pretty and done. This was one of those times. I'm redesigning the website for the Rockwall Harbor, and they needed a new logo. Here's what I came up with:

I love it! That funny looking thing on the left is a stylized version of the gorgeous fountain they have on-site. Here's a quick reference:


I thought it would be a nice touch to bring something identifiable to this logo, as opposed to simply typographical elements. I can't wait to show you the finished website. It's still in the development stage right now, but it's moving along well!

No comments:

Post a Comment