Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Pulling It All Together

The countdown continues. We have two weeks until W-Day, and I still feel completely frazzled. Our band hasn't mailed out the check for our returned payment. Our replacement band has a drummer that will be "unavailable" that weekend. I'm not sure where we'll go from here, so I've just decided to take it day-by-day and focus on the things I can nail down. Like signs. We need a few signs to take care of important wedding day messages, so I figured I would whip up a cute design in Illustrator for each one.


We had to go ahead and rent 20 chairs for the ceremony. As much as I fell in love with the hay bale idea, it would cost upwards of $5 per bale, as well as the fuel and inconvenience of driving 30 minutes away to the nearest feed store that sells them. Plus, at $2 a pop for the white wooden wedding chairs, it was too good a deal to pass up. We're reserving 20 for our elderly guests and immediate family, while the rest will stand during the ceremony. No need to worry about them, they should only have to stand for 15 minutes, tops. Not a big deal.


In wedding-land, it pays to make bride friends. A sweet friend of mine got married in July, and she's lending me all sorts of wedding goodness. The best of which is a birdcage for our cards! I heart you Megs. You're the best!


This one gives guests instructions on how to handle our quilt guestbook. I cut up all our swatches, pulled a trifle dish from my kitchen, and came up with this setup:


Then I signed one of the swatches to further help folks along.


We also rolled and tied about a million (oh, ok, 200) utensil sets. We'll have a couple jars, and a basket at our buffet tables.


I love that we tied them with twine. We'll have to come up with another way to use it in the wedding. That pretty much wraps up the last of my DIY projects, unless I suddenly remember something weddings have that I've forgotten to do.

Are you wrapping up plans for your wedding? What sort of projects do you have left?

No comments:

Post a Comment