Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just Put Some Windex On It

Anybody out there Big Fat Greek Wedding fans? Well if you aren't, then let me tell you that there's some good advice in that movie. Did you know that Windex is magical? Well, it is, and this week it saved my dress.

This past Sunday, while Mr. SD was driving back from his bachelor party in Corpus Christi, my FMIL brought his little sister over so we could go pick out some paint swatches to redecorate her room. I realized I'd never shown them my dress, so I went to the closet and pulled them out. That's when I saw it. A faint pink streak down the front of my short dress. I stayed calm on the outside, but inside I was screaming expletives. Really, wedding gods? First you make my band flake out, now you've changed my 0% rain sunny day to 40% THUNDER STORMS, and now you're trying to ruin my dress. So I called the lovely, helpful ladies at Providence Place who sold me my gowns. They let me in on a little secret they learned back when they entered the biz. Now, my short dress is a Mori Lee Bridesmaid dress, and the long one is a gown from their private collection. But, apparently many designers chemically treat their dresses for situations like this. Here's a little photo of the big bad stain:


I'd already removed the giant streak before I had the presence of mind to take a photo. But this one shows a dime size spot, which is pretty easy to see as it's smack dab in the center of the skirt. So I whipped out my gear.

Windex and a rag. I was told to spray to cover the entire spot, then blot, blot, blot! And ladies, I couldn't believe my eyes! That spot just came right out as if it was magic! No washing, no rinsing, just a little spraying and blotting action. I saved myself the time and expense of going to the cleaner's, and not knowing if I was going to come back with a clean dress or not. Now you can see that's it's as good as new.

Hooray, Windex! I'd urge all of you to call up your salon and ask if your gown is treated as well. It would be a great way to ensure that if something happens on the Big Day, you have a fool-proof cleaning method that will leave you stress (and stain) free.

Have you picked up any good tips for last minute wedding bumps?

No comments:

Post a Comment