Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Skedaddle, Skeeters!

The Texas coastline is plagued by bloodsucking demons: Mosquitos. Millions of Mosquitos. As of this moment, I have over 100 bites, and that's no exaggeration. It probably didn't help that I was outside after dark sanding down furniture for six hours, but that's another story. While some brides stay insect-worry-free at their indoor weddings, we outdoorsy ladies have to keep in mind specific issues. For me, it's how to keep our guests bite-free. Here's the game plan:








(source)
1) start by sprayig down the surrounding area with skeeter spray.





(source)
2) Create a little mood lighting via citronella tiki torches.

Other than that, I'm at a loss. I'm pretty sure we'll keep the vast majority away. I'm contemplating having spray on hand for people who just can't handle the bites, but is that tacky? Or considerate?

Any outdoor brides facing bug problems for your big day? What did you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment