Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Sand Dollar's Bachelorette - The Craftapalloza

This weekend I was blessed with the presence of six lovely ladies for good food, great conversation, and a huge amount of wedding crafts! We tackled pretty much everything on my to-do list, from programs to buckets. Here's a quick rundown of what I was able to snap a few pictures of:

Over 100 cans were painted. I finally decided just to nix the whole "hole" concept, and paint the cans so I can just plop in a tealight. We'll try to mix up the ones with holes throughout all the tables so it's not super obvious that we crapped out. Here's my paint crew hard at work:


We also threw some quickcrete into our buckets. The two orange ones with wooden poles are now our ceremony backdrop (we bailed on the chuppah and decided to just have the poles hold up my decorations, since I couldn't decide on a top, which will be way easier to pull off), and the red ones will be set up in two lines of six buckets to delineate a dance floor with string lights at the reception.


We'll paint the pvc pipes red to match the buckets, and pop in some fake moss or hay on top so you can't see the hideous gray concrete. After all this hard work, it was time for a quick refuel...


We ran out of soda, so dear Bridesmaid N took the Mettie off to the gas station for a supply run.


Always wear a helmet! We had a little help from these cuties too.


Once we were done with the wedding stuff, the girls decided they wanted to help contribute to the Sand Dollar household. Leaving a legacy was pretty important to them, and it's great to have a piece of each one in such a tangible way. So what did we all do? Well, we started out by busting out the power tools.

I raided my lumber pile, and we decided to build another Rustic Bench for the foot of our Farmhouse Bed. We all had a hand in building it, and if you have a group of crafty ladies, I'd totally recommend this as a fun project! It took about 2 hours and $15 of supplies. Such a little investment for a great experience that gives me something beautiful and useful to remind me of my ladies every day! Plus, I hadn't had a chance (or the funds) to buy chairs for the dining table we built, so this bench pulled double duty as a little extra seating for the evening's festivities. Check out all our handiwork!


Hooray! You can see it's buddy in the background. We're all going to sign the underside of the bench when we all reconvene the party for the wedding weekend. Then I'll sand, stain, and put it in it's permanent home in my bedroom.

That's one long Saturday, isn't it? We accomplished so much! But the fun wasn't over, next up, it's party time!

No comments:

Post a Comment