Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Progress is Beautiful

I've been lucky enough to spend the last week with my mother, bringing G-ma's house to a polished point. We've finally completed most of the painting and renovating, and can now move on to cleaning and decorating. In fact, it's almost time for the before and afters! Here's a little sample of what we've accomplished in five measly days.


The bathroom has come so far. We didn't have the means to replace the blue tile, but I'm ok with that. Mostly everything just needed a good scrubbing to come back to life.


We also got to finally hang up pictures! It's so surprising to see what a difference such a relatively small addition makes. It's like putting makeup on. You look fine without it, but once you slap on a little lipstick and mascara you're a real stunner.


Other little touches like setting up books (I still need to repaint the bookcases, I'm not sure the metallic silver goes with our "rustic-chic" look) makes the house feel more like our home.

And curtains! Curtains helped define our color palette for the whole main area. Earth-tones and red. Oh, I love red. It's such a passionate color. And don't even get me started on how much I love that couch. It's the most comfortable thing in the world. I never want to leave it.

I want to give a big shout out to my mama for working so hard and providing so much. She worked from sunup to past midnight every day she was here, and never batted an eyelash about going to Lowe's or shopping for bedding. She truly did whatever it took to make our house look like a home. Including bleaching out our dead-roach-infested kitchen cabinets. Now that's love. Once we're all settled in at the end of the month and finish up the kitchen, it'll be time for the big reveal! Get excited. Because those before and afters are jaw-dropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment