Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Chalkboard Fridge

After ogling chalkboard covered everything in magazines and blogs, I zeroed in on one idea that made my makeover list. A chalkboard painted refrigerator! You see, we inherited this perfectly functional yet oh-so-hideous hand-me-down fridge from G-ma. Also, all our other appliances were black, so I felt like it would be nice to have them match. Here's a quick before.


See? Nothing fancy, but nothing worth getting rid of, either. It works great, and looks like every other generic refrigerator. But after my big kitchen makeover, it's much more integrated into the room, and even has more function!


That's my grocery list on the front, and my wedding checklist is on the side. I still need to touch up the floor in the kitchen, but for now I'm taking a well-earned break. Here's how fun it can be, we decorated it at my bachelorette party!


How awesome is that?! It's super cute that all my friends wrote me a little message, and we relived our college doodling days. So there you have it. Take an old fridge and give it new life with just a pint of chalkboard paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment