Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cricut Cake FAIL

I spent five hours last night baking and rolling fondant and freezing for the Cricut Cake. It was a massive fail, and it took down any last hopes of decorating my own cake. Here's the evidence:

From this angle, maybe not so horrendous? It's a little crooked (I was never planning on baking my own cake, as I totally suck at it.) Here's another look.


Dude, it sucks. Everything is crooked, and I could never figure out the right speed and pressure for the machine. I tried heavy pressure, and it just smooshed everything. Then I tried light pressure, and it wouldn't even cut through. And those stars look like they've been through the wringer.

Guys, this cake blows. And this was my third attempt. Which took all. effing. night. My self esteem cannot take another hefty failure like this. Plus, do I really have that much time to dedicate the few days before the wedding? Hells to the no. The one good thing about this whole experience has been my renewed faith in our topper. And I finally was able to convince Mr. SD that the cake road was over.  Stay tuned to see what I came up with for our cake alternative!

Did you run into any big disappointments in your wedding plans? Did you press on, or come up with a plan B?

1 comment:

staciekop said...

So you HAVE come up with something else? Or you need ideas?

Post a Comment