Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Before and After: Living Room

This was definitely one of the biggest changes to the house so far. We had a lot of great stuff to work with, like the gorgeous fireplace and those enormous windows. As a refresher, here's where we started. Just imagine that lovely shag carpet. I had already ripped it all up before I thought to take pictures. Still, this was exactly how all the furniture was set up. Snazzy, no?

Before:

After:


Before:


After:

 
Before:


After:


I finished the painting, and we set up the new furniture. It's still a mix of G-ma's, hand-me-downs, stuff we had, and new pieces. I love how the curtains turned out, and the fireplace looks just as beautiful.


I'm probably going to repaint these bookcases, but I can't decide on a color. White? The ceiling's pale beige? Or maybe red? I can't decide. It's on the to-do list, just not very high up. I think the place is looking fantastic! It's finally like being in a real home, not just another place we live. Hopefully we'll finish up the rest of the rooms quick so I can post!

To recap what we did:
• Painted the walls and ceiling
• Repainted the trim
• Ripped out the carpet and painted the floor
• Removed old light fixtures
• Installed a new fan
• Replaced old furniture

1 comment:

OctPumpkin said...

Wow, you really modernized the room a lot! I would paint the bookcase either the same color as the wall so it recedes and makes your room bigger, or red for another pop of color.

Post a Comment