Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Before and After: Kitchen

The kitchen, oh, the kitchen. I broke my back over this room. It was the last big project for the house, and I wanted to finish it before my girls all came down for my bachelorette party. It would be the first time we had guests, and I really wanted it to look nice. I spent five days stripping the lacquer off the doors, priming, and painting FIVE coats of white paint to seal everything in. I still have to touch up the floor paint, and spray and reinstall all the hardware, but for now, I am done. I am done with you house! For now anyway. I'm taking a well deserved break. So here we go, for the pretty impressive before and after.


Before:


After:


Before:


After:


Before:


After:



Before:


After:


Before:


After:


Finishing the kitchen makeover scraped off the last remnant of the old, outdated space. Now the entire house looks cohesive, modern, and country-chic! I'm so in love with everything, I can't believe how well everything turned out. I still have a lot of odds and ends that I have to take care of, but for now, I'd consider this house MADE OVER!

To recap what we did:
• ripped up the linoleum and painted the floors
• painted the walls and ceiling for the first time
• painted the trim
• took down old fan and light fixtures
• installed new lights
• repainted cabinets
• repainted refrigerator

2 comments:

Becki said...

Great job girl! Looks fantastic and very open and welcoming! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks awesome!

Post a Comment