Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Before and After: Guest Bedroom

The bedrooms were by far the easiest rooms to conquer. Really, once you removed the hideous carpet, they just needed a little paint. Let's recap what the guest bedroom looked like: crowded, with old creaky floors, and lots and LOTS of G-ma's clothes. She was fashionable, y'all. She had at least 200 outfits to choose from on any given day.

Before:




Before:


After:

Before:


After:


 The old furniture is still around, but at least we ripped out that crazy built-in. Now the desk is free-standing, and ready for a fresh coat of paint. Everything else hit the road. Then we slapped on our absolute favorite paint colors I've ever done (Teal Zeal and Winter Surf) and we painted the floors with our porch paint. Bad idea. We should have at least sanded off the varnish first. But oh, well. You live, you learn.



I'm so in love. With the daybed, the bedding I sewed, the colors, and the art inside. I love that everything fits, and I can hop on the elliptical whenever I get the urge to exercise. I think we may try to hide the kennel with a board on top, but maybe not. We also want to paint the TV the orange-coral color in the bedding and replace the old tube with an aquarium. We're also going to reupholster the rocker to something a little more mod. But again, it's all just icing on the cake. For now, we have a cute, comfy daybed, functional exercise equipment, and a semi-organized space for me to craft in until we convert the garage into my studio. Job well done.

To recap what we did:
• Painted the walls and ceiling
• Repainted the trim
• Ripped out the old built in
• Ripped out carpet
• Painted the floor
• Replaced ceiling fan

No comments:

Post a Comment