Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

A San Marcos Shindig


This weekend, Mama and Papa Sand Dollar threw Mr. SD and I a wedding reception in San Marcos. Lake Jackson is nearly a four hour drive away, and my parents didn't want to ask all their friends to have to drive that far and have to find places to stay. So their solution was to throw a hometown backyard reception so we can celebrate a little closer to home.


We set up all the tables, with eco-friendly centerpieces of break apart flowers from Lowes that guests took home at the end of the night.


We set up a spread of Carino's catered Italian food and appetizer trays from the grocer. Let me tell you, it was delicious.


My mom had the cutest display up of our engagement pics for the card table. I love the rustic frames she got from Target. I'll have to replicate it at home ;) She even made a scrapbook for everyone to look through.


We had our killer DIY Cricut Cake, with more details on that to come. Isn't it super cute? We had a great time visiting with all the guests, and even had our own cake cutting.


It was so much fun! I'm sad that they won't be able to make it to the big day, but it was a blessing to be able to have a party in my hometown. I even had one of the guests (who is a seamstress) cut the train off my gown, so all the ladies got to check out my gear. It was great, we all cackled like old biddies. And I got a free cutting job out of it! Now I just have to hem it and all my alterations are done. Bada-bing bada-boom!

Anybody having a celebration separate from the wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment