Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Different Kind of Fine

Before Mr. SD proposed, I made sure to prime him with ring styles that I loved. I searched exclusively on Etsy, and found the perfect seller, Single B jewelry. I loved how unique everything was, and organic. She uses recycled silver, and conflict-free gemstones. They may not be traditional bling, but they fit my style perfectly! Here's the one Mr. SD chose for me.

(yes, Mr. SD hid the ring in his dip can. Klassy. He's since quit, 4 months straight! Woohoo!)
It's a green moissonite set in recycled argentium silver. Green is my favorite color, and I love the durability of this stone. It's a 9.5 on the hardness scale, so it should survive all my klutziness! I love that it was:
a) extremely affordable (as in, $150)
b) durable (I never have to worry about where I wear it), and
c) unique

For the wedding band, I plan on going this route.


I'm a sucker for symmetry. It makes me smile every time I look at it. We plan on doing an upgrade around our 5 year anniversary, if we still feel like it. But right now, I'm in love with my ring. I get a few odd looks every now and then, and I do experience twinges of jealousy when I see other ladies bling. But when I remember just how perfect this ring is for me (usually when I realize I'm using harsh cleaning chemicals or the skill saw) I feel grateful that I have a man who knows me so well.

Any ladies out there pimping less-than-traditional rings? What do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment