Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Bee's Life: Sand Dollar Edition

How did I find Weddingbee?
I stumbled across Weddingbee in 2007, and backtracked all the way to the beginning. I followed Lemon, Love Bug (still a fave!), Peony and Sweet Pea. I adored each post, and couldn't wait for more. I was inspired to DIY everything, and learned that a wedding is what you make it, not what vendors tell you to buy. 

My application Story:
My winning application was my third try. I had applied once during my first engagement (which I talked about earlier), but my blogging style really wasn't refined enough yet. My second time was just after I got engaged to Mr. SD this January, and I didn't have enough posts. Finally, I just decided to blog for myself, and chronicle all the DIY for my wedding, house, and graphic design biz. I decided to apply again in June, after five solid months of content. I was completely floored when I got my acceptance letter! I'm still pinching myself, and am super glad that the hive is even better than I could have expected.

Why Blog?
I've been blogging on and off since 2007. Some personal, some professional for clients. I started a blog for my design company, and didn't really commit the first couple of months. Once the new year rolled around, I made a resolution to blog every day for the next year. And I love it! I haven't built up a huge readership yet, but that's in my master plan. For now, I'm thrilled to share some of my crafting and design ideas with all of you!

Why Miss Sand Dollar?
I'm moving to Mr. SD's hometown of Lake Jackson, about 15 minutes from the gulf. There were a few options left from current bee generations, and Sand Dollar fit me best. I have one hanging on my cork board. And it doesn't hurt that James Avery just came out with a stunning Sand Dollar pendant that I'm going to drop major hints about to Mr. SD for my wedding present!

On being a Weddingbee blogger:  
Blogging for the bee has been a surreal experience. After two rejections, I never thought I'd be here, and having so much fun! I love reading all the comments, and though I don't always post back, that'll change soon. Once we have internet at the house we're fixing up (Mr. SD's grandma's, actually), I'll be able to interact more. I love all your great suggestions, and can't wait to put some of them in play! I hope you've all enjoyed reading about my wedding plans, and have been inspired to start a few projects of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment