Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Imma Be, Imma Be, Imma Imma I'M A BEE!

(personal photo, and yes, that's my dad's backhoe)

Hiya Hive! It's so exciting to be writing my intro post as an official bee! I never thought this day would come. Of course I immediately called everyone I knew and told them all the good news ;) It's not every day you're accepted to blog for the best wedding website in the world! I've been a subscriber since I found the 'bee back in '07, so I'm over the moon to be the newest addition.

 (personal photo)

So who am I? I'm a fiery red-headed graphic designer who loves DIY, good chips and salsa, my sweet pooches and of course Mr. Sand Dollar. I grew up in the Texas Hill Country with delicious Mexican food, tubing rivers, and riding horses. Nothing speaks to my soul like good design or a fabulous font. I spend all my free time reading home and garden magazines and blogs so I can brainstorm even more craft ideas!

 (personal photo)

Mr. Sand Dollar spent his time on the Gulf Coast, where we'll be moving once he's finished with school this August. He was sent to school by his company to study up on Electrical Power & Control (a fancy-pants way of saying he does testing and maintenance on power plants). For now, he's a ranch hand breaking horses and mowing grass on a John Deere, taking breaks to go hunting and fishing.

  (personal photo)

It's been a lot of hard work to get to this point, and I'm so excited to share this labor of love with all of you. We're planning an outdoor party with lots of barbecue, Texas Country music, friendship and handmade details.  We're pure Texas at heart, and can't wait to throw a country shindig his town will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment