Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DIY: Daybed Pillows

After sewing my own duvet for the daybed we'll be building sometime in the near future, I decided to use the remnants to make a few pillows to match. And of course I couldn't resist getting a little fancy, so I added some contrast piping (which was a PITA to sew in!)


Cute no? And I have shams to match the duvet!

I didn't have enough fabric to make two pillows out of each fabric. So I came up with a simple solution of making them reversible. This way, if I have the stripe side up and want two shams of deer fabric, I can have it! They were pretty easy to make, though I didn't take my time in order to make them perfect. Oh, well. You can only tell if you look close, and if you're that close to them you're probably sleeping anyway! That's what I think about it. Maybe someday I'll prioritize perfection. For now I prefer to race through one project in order to start the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment