Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ain't No Party Like an Abbey Glenn Party!

I did a stint as a leasing agent at the apartment complex I'm living in here in Waco. I was asked to do quite a bit of marketing and design work, and the t-shirts were my favorites to do. We needed to come up with one for last year's leasing season and kick-off party. What do you think?

I like my little disco people. There's probably four of these in my closet. When the manager came up with an idea to partner with local sororities and fraternities for marketing t-shirts, I designed and printed those too. We have the Gammas...


The Phiotas...

And the Sigmas.


I think this was the turning point in my screenprinting career. I had over 200 shirts to print, and I hated every second of it. I had to print front and back on each, burn what felt like a million screens, and visit all the local Michaels to find all the ink. The shirts turned out well, but from what I hear they didn't bring in any leads. At least now I've got a steady rotation of work-out gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment