Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

WIWOT: Irish Invitation


When I was commissioned to design a graduation party invite, I was excited. When I was told it was an "Irish Night" theme, I was thrilled! It's such a fun theme, and I really wanted to run away with it. Instead of going over-the-top obvious with the green white and orange and a four leaf clover, I went in a more subtle route. I still wanted to channel the flag look, yet change it up with the black swirls. And if you look closely you can see a faded Celtic knot watermarked behind the text. And the layout should look pretty familiar.


It's so much fun to see how one design can take on so many different looks. Though they're very similar, they evoke completely different events. It's an option I offer to make invitation design more affordable. You can customize any design to fit your event, either through colors or fonts or a combination of both.

I can't wait to get the details finalized and see it all in print. With some black envelopes, I think people will be impressed opening these in the mail. I know I would!

No comments:

Post a Comment