Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Farmhouse Bed Teaser

Like our new headboard? I sure do! I had mentioned in passing to my dad this past weekend that I couldn't find untreated 4x4 posts anywhere. He said he had them, and asked if I needed any other lumber. We trekked on down to the barn which pretty much doubles as his own private McCoy's. And get this, he had everything I needed! All this lumber was free! And the best part is that it's all reclaimed wood, stuff left over from houses and barns and other projects. So we're pretty much the greenest folks around now. Who else can brag that not only is all their lumber recycled, but they built their bed by hand? I'm so excited to finish it tomorrow night with the Boy and replace the tired old mdf-crapola platform bed I used to be so proud of. Once we move down to LJ we'll sand it and stain it to match the closet doors in the master. I'm practically giggling with excitement already!

No comments:

Post a Comment