Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

DIY: Duvet


I've been sewing for over seven hours now. Seven hours of toil and delight, creating the perfect duvet cover out of Deer Valley and Free Spirit fabric. Check it.


Yup. It's reversible. Because I can't live unless I go completely overboard with a project. And hey, who doesn't love reversible? Get sick of one pattern, flip it over to the next! Genius. And to secure my "synthetic down" comforter from Target I used the best red buttons I had lying around from an old project. How serendipitous is that?


I even picked up a couple of coordinating fabrics to sew some pillows later. I'm over the moon with how all this turned out. It's the first time I've sewed home decor, and I'm shocked that it looks so good. It looks almost professional! It's twin size, for the daybed that we haven't built yet in the room we're nowhere near finished (the teal one, in case you're wondering.) But once my Lowe's giftcard comes in you can bet your britches I'll be hittin' up Knock Off Wood again!

1 comment:

Lynette Coughlin and Erin Kincaid said...

AS always you amaze me with you sense of style and color palette. I wish you were back in Dallas so I could see all of the project first hand - thank Jesus for blogs right?
Great work my dear. Great work

Post a Comment