Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Starting a Chuppah


Isn't my photography improving? I absolutely adore this photo! This is me patting myself on the back. But now let's focus.


I want everyone to know that Hobby Lobby is basically the best store in the world. I'm pretty much planning an entire wedding built on its wares. The latest addition? Backing for the chuppah! I admit that I've been slightly worried about it. I didn't know if I wanted ribbons, or shiny circles I saw in a Martha Stewart Destination Weddings ad. And when I was traipsing around HL to pick up a few more buckets (for chuppah and dance floor pole bases), I spotted these perfect decorative curtains in the same garden section. And for 40% off! Score! They even had everything in my colors, is this serendipity or what?


As the buckets for the base are orange, and the poles will be brown (I don't know if I ever mentioned that my colors are red, brown, orange & yellow), I picked up two curtains, in yellow and red. Then snapped up a couple of orange flower garlands to spice things up a bit. I plan on cutting each in half to vary the colors a little more so it's not so intense in the split. Now I just have to figure out how to cover the top, and it's time for assembly! Any suggestions on what to use to as the top?

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Can't wait to see it! Sounds amazing!!

Post a Comment