Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wedding: The Look

My name is Sand Dollar, and I'm a planning addict. I'm the kind of girl who gets things done as soon as the ink is dry on my to-do list. Procrastination is never a problem. But what does that have to do with this post? Well, here I was more than five months away from my wedding day, and I already had my whole look bought and paid for. Now I'm just waiting for the dresses to arrive so I can put it all together and get those suckers altered! Here's what's goin' down:

Dress - "Cleopatra" from the Purely Providential line at Providence Place
(personal photo)
And yes, my face is gone for a reason. It's horrible! And no, the brown tumors will not be on the final product. We were experimenting with a belt option

Hair Combs - lovingly DIY'd by myself. Heart you Hobby Lobby!
(personal photo)
I even have a talented friend doing my hair for the big day. Thanks Bestie C!

Bouquet - Again, DIY. This will be a trend ;)
(personal photo)

Garter - Ribbons and Lace, purchased from Providence Place. Love the camo! There's even a little bear charm on it (I was a Baylor Bear, Sic 'Em!)
(personal photo)
You can even see my full, scribbled-on planner below it. Told you I'm a go-getter!

Boots - Steve Madden, "Phinixx" in red. I so cannot wait to wear these
(personal photo)

Reception Dress - 838 by Mori Lee in Ivory. Yup, I'm a two dress bride!
(source)
And no, it will not be this long. You can bet I'm hemming this sucker to scandalous levels!

So there you have it! One snazzy look for one snazzy bride. I'm still in the market for a sparkly ribbon/belt for my ceremony gown, and a statement necklace for my reception dress. I'm highly tempted to wear a chunky turquoise one. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment