Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Last Buys

(personal photo)

I really am getting down to the end of my purchasing for the wedding. We've got pretty much all the ceremony decorations, reception supplies, plates, cups, napkins and a whole lo more all taken care of. Not too shabby eh? And I've already made significant progress towards paying off the card (say, 30%). So I'm feeling pretty accomplished!

(personal photo)

After reading about a lot of bees buying wood cutlery, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. EcoCutlery offers a lot of great options , and they really do look super cute in person. I'm hoping to make cute cutlery and napkin sets a la Poodle and Pretzel. Perhaps raffia? Ribbon? Suggestions?

The last stop was buying loads of lights and mason jars. We've made a lot of progress on the tin-can luminaries, but we've decided to supplement them with mason jar votives as well. I really like the look. And plus, I only shop at Hobby Lobby on 50% off days for what I want, so jars were about 65 cents each with tax, and lights were $3 for 25 feet. Love me a good deal! Plus, now that nearly all the mundane is out of the way, I can have fun putting together all my DIY projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment