Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wedding Slump


  It's true. I'm in a funk. A wedding funk. Right after we got engaged it was all fun-filled dreaming, breaking into the craft projects and carving out our style. But now I'm burnt out. I don't want to spend hours hand-screening invitation sets. My credit card numbers keep getting higher and higher with wedding purchases and so does my stress level. I would like to see that number go down a bit before I pile on even more. Most of the DIY projects I have planned need to wait until we get closer to the Big Day anyway. Some we can't even build until we get to Lake Jackson in August.

So, I suppose now would be a good time to just take a break. Concentrate on other things until I have a reason to think white and frilly again. My dresses should be arriving soon, an engagement session scheduled now that the weather's improving, and soon we'll be able to start booking our honeymoon reservations. I'm pretty excited about that. But for now, I'm just going to put it on the back burner. Enjoy the sunshine and go canoeing, make big plans for the house, do a little sewing. Plus I need to really focus on work. I've heard this happens to everyone, so I suppose it's nothing new. Maybe putting together a list will help. I don't know, anyone have some suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment