Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Wedding: DIY hair combs


Working in a bridal shop certainly had its advantages. I got my dress at a wholesale price, for instance. Also, I get to see all the gorgeous hair pieces and accessories on display. However, those don't come at a discount. And with even the most simple starting at $30, I knew I'd never be able to afford $200 hair combs in my wedding budget (and yes, they really are priced that high! I honestly can't fathom it). So, I did what any self-respecting DIY bride would do. I went to Hobby Lobby.

Total cost for two hair combs, a strand of large cream pearls, a strand of smaller ivory pearls, a bag of crystals and some pretty white feathers (not added yet, but they'll be there for the wedding) was a whopping twelve dollars. Yes, twelve dollars! And oh, my gosh they were so simple! I thought it would end up being a flop, but really all you have to do is load up a simple wire with the beads and wrap it around the comb. They took maybe 20 minutes each. And now I have two stunning hair combs that are perfectly suited to my wedding and my personality. So I encourage everyone out there to not accept everything at face value (especially in the wedding world) and attempt to create it yourself. Sometimes the results are even more than you hoped for. Now if I could just decide on how I'll wear my hair on the big day...

No comments:

Post a Comment