Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Butterfly Bouquet Inspiration

 

Love. Who knew you could fall in love with painted feathers and plastic wire? I totally did! As soon as I saw this picture I knew that for my wedding, flowers flew out the window. Not only do I get the chance to make this gorgeous little piece of handheld art, it's really going to last forever! Well, a forever as long as two dogs and future mini-people with jam hands running around can be. I fear the jam hands. 

(personal photo)

Here's my supply of glittery bright butterflies. Don't they look snazzy? I've started dividing them into the seven portions (with mine much larger, of course) and arranging them in artistic little groups. I got the bright idea to bead the wires on the ones for my bouquet. Do me a favor if you choose to do your own bug bouquet, and don't. It's not so hot. Maybe it would have been better if I had kept them the same color, but I matched the wire to the butterfly and it just looks a little pre-k. I'll be sure to post the finished product soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment