Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snowy Days, and Staying Motivated

 

Sigh. Snow in Texas. Not that it isn't gloriously pretty, but having my childhood up in New England has worn out my fascination that seemingly every Texan has with the fluffy stuff. What I love about this state is the heat, the blissful dry heat melting my skin. Ahhh, just thinking of it makes me smile. I'm ready for the frost to thaw and the sun to come out in full force, kind of like two days ago. This truly is a bipolar state.


 
The pups had a good time figuring out what this wet stuff was. And the boys wore themselves out throwing snowballs and sledding.
 

And of course there's a lot of snow wrestling going on. This is why I always hold the camera. So I can threaten lives if anyone so much as touches me. Most of the time they listen. But sometimes I end up like this poor victim. Today I was lucky. Tomorrow?
 
Poor girl. I'm pretty sure they had a good time making up later though! One thing that I'm still not immune to is the energy of a canceled school day. All these young college folk gamboling around make it easy for me to get wrapped up in the celebration. And forget all about working. It's easy enough to do on a normal day, I have bursts of creative energy where I tackle projects like a madwoman, and handfuls of time where all I can do is stare blankly at the wall. Reading blogs helps to motivate me again, but most of the time work is intermittent. I'll get on a roll early in the morning, or at 11 and stay up all night finishing something up. I guess that's the benefit of the stage of life I'm in right now, I don't have kids who need me every second or a house to keep clean or many mouths to feed. So for now, I'll try to keep on keepin' on and finish up my to-do list for today. Despite the snowballs pounding my windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment