Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Lite Brite

 

Turn on the power of shining light! Sorry, couldn't help myself. I used to be so jealous of my sister when she got a Lite Brite for Christmas, I played with it all the time. If you're wondering what you're looking at, here's a glimpse of them in full light.

 
(personal photo)

It's our tin can luminaries! They look so much cuter in person, I just couldn't wait to stage them well before I snapped a photo. Contrary to popular wedding views, I won't be having flowers at our wedding. Not only is the additional expense out of our budget, something just doesn't sit right with me that they die so quickly, and are rarely used after the wedding. I know sending arrangements home is an option, but it seems unlikely that we'd get rid of them all. And worrying about donating them isn't something I want to focus on the wedding night. I have a feeling other concerns will be a bit more pressing! So we decided on creating luminaries to scatter on the tables. 


They look so cute lit up in the dark (minus the creepy ribcage-looking one in the back). We've mastered a few different methods of cutting, and experimented with styles. Once the designs are finessed we'll start production in full (and I'm sure the rate will pick up once we can move this little operation outdoors). Slicing and dicing a couple hundred cans isn't going to be the best way to spend our afternoons. But after hours and hours of sewing paper together, typing up the guest list, addresses, and all that wedding tedium, this will be a walk in the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment