Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cheater, Cheater

I have a confession to make. I used a template site for my wedding website (cringe). Yes, I know. But I'm only slightly ashamed. Being a professional designer (and yes, website developer) keeps me pretty busy. And the thought of taking those potentially money-making hours away from my schedule to work on a personal site only up for a couple of months wasn't really sitting well. And since I've been using WeddingWire for all my planning needs, I figured, what the heck? I'll use their website tool!

 

And I am so glad I did! It was beyond easy, and they have loads of cute options. I chose the fall leaves design since that was my color inspiration, and though it doesn't match my wedding exactly (well, really only vaguely), I'm really happy with it. You can personalize your welcome message, and add a photo gallery along with your love story.

 

The features alone are worth it, as it would take me hours to code my own database for the RSVP option, and it even embeds my blog as a feed!



It saved me time, added great functionality to the whole planning process, and overall was just a dream to do. Now I can tell guests I have a website out there, and they can find the link to our registry and everything. As much as the designer in me cringes that it was not hand-crafted to match our wedding, the realist in me loves the penny-free process (yes, it's also FREE!) and breezy completion. I've even corrupted a fellow designer bride to use it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment