Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can't Wait to Boogie

 
The invites are done! Well, the invites are designed, so step 1 is fully complete. And I'm pleased as punch with how everything came out. The funniest part is whenever I show them to someone, it seems that it must be read in your best deep southern drawl. 

Choosing the wording was a bit of a challenge for me. I wanted it to be informal, and still proudly flaunt that we're hosting this shindig ourselves. I may not have mentioned it before, but I'm paying for the wedding all by my lonesome. Just me, the bride. Certainly not your most common situation when it comes to wedding funding. But given the fact that the Boy is still a starving college student, there weren't exactly many other options. And since I'm such a DIY maven anyway I know we'll have a gorgeous party with a tiny price tag. Plus, it gives me the infallible excuse to bust out my Yudu and screenprint everything!



Ah, my favorite! I love how all the words grouped together so nicely, that the sweet little butterfly (a nod to our bouquets) fit in, and the sassy wording on the response. I'm sure I'll get a few raised eyebrows by the blue-hairs. But I just want to squeal over it's cuteness!! I can't decide what colors I'll print these in. I want to mix it up a bit from the STD's. Maybe red ink with brown paper backing for the invite, and orange ink for the reply. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment