Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Blank Canvas

 
 (personal photo)

That's what this sucker is. Maybe not quite blank, but at the very most all I've got is a rough outline.  This is MacLean Park, my lovely little wedding venue that is waiting for Clinton and Stacie to swoop on in and dress it up "What Not to Wear" style. I think it's got great bones, it's just in dire need of a little gussyin' up for our big shindig. For now, let's focus on the high points, shall we?


(personal photo)

(personal photo)

Every couple's major wedding concern is the budget, right? Well, for a grand total of a whopping three benjamins, our venue is really bringin' it home. It's a) huge, and b) fully loaded. We get 44 picnic tables, a giant stage, electricity, loads and loads of parking, spacious bathrooms, and a food service building with a catering-sized kitchen. So in bridespeak, that means no rentals, no outrageous venue fees, and best of all, no crazy venue coordinators! Nothing is more valuable for an outdoor wedding than a covered pavilion. And this baby is tall, too!
(personal photo)

This could present a problem decorating with string lights, but I think the quick fix may to be just outlining the dance floor with posts and making a light canopy. Because unless I plan on asking the Jolly Green Giant for help, I wouldn't trust a bunch of fellas on ladders quite that tall! So a little plan restructuring may be in order. But I really do love the place. If rain decides to hit, there's more than enough space to move everything indoors. And if the weather's grand?
 
(personal photo)

These moody weeping oak tress will set the stage. We plan on building a chuppah and outlining the aisle with bright yellow pinwheels. Overall I think it's the perfect place for the wedding in my head. Oh, and they even allow firepits for s'mores! Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed for no hurricanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment