Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My First Gig


Way back in my college days, we would have class assignments turned into contests for real work. Those were always my favorites, because not only did everybody bring their A-game, your art had the potential to be seen far beyond the art building. It was a taste of the real world. We all couldn't get enough. So for this project, Waco Heath and Wellness needed a new cover for their quarterly magazine. We were all asked to present our first draft. Here's mine.

 

Very similar to the final draft above, but with a different woman posed on a simpler background. I was absolutely ecstatic when she chose mine! This was my first class using Adobe Illustrator, and this program became my favorite to work in by far. After modifying everything to be the final version shown above, it went into print and I'm sure I took over a dozen copies to bring home to my family. It was the first time I was chosen as the printed artist. I hope teachers today still employ these methods, here I am five years later still bragging about mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment