Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Midnight River Choir Tshirt Printing


It's always a good idea to spread the word to everyone you know when you're starting a new business. I had just finished testing my new Yudu when my boyfriend put me in contact with a band his best friend plays the drums in. Apparently he heard they were having a hard time finding someone to print tshirts, and he let them know that I was just the woman for the job. Ain't that sweet? He totally got a very generous thank you for that one ;)

I'm still having a hard time applying my emulsion perfectly on the first try, but I got the hang of it on the second try. I just hope I figure out the secret soon so I can stop wasting my emulsion sheets! They supplied black shirts to be printed with a white design (specifically "cocaine white", which was an interesting color request. But I suppose I achieved it, what do you think?), and black ringer tees with a black ink athletic design. I printed a few other styles as "market research", since I've never seen a girl too excited to don a baggy shirt making her look two cup sizes smaller. So I chose a bright peacock blue for a white tank, and then a black tank with the white design. They look pretty good, no? I'm wearing one to their gig tonight in hopes I get a new order. They were great to work for, totally laid back and pumped about the end product. I'd definitely be excited in working with them on more merchandise, koozies anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment